Friday, August 23, 2013

Just One of the Boys

I have a love hate relationship with button-downs. For the last year, the majority of mine had been stuck languishing away in the back of my closet (except for my Equipment blouses which are always and forever perfect.) They just felt too preppy, too stuffy, too 'done.' Then all of a sudden I did my usual 180 and starting throwing them over everything (just look at yesterday's post!) Instant-waist just by tying them, its like closet magic. That being said, I'll probably banish them again by next year, but they always come back around.

I've been eyeing this top for a while but considering I already have 3 (or is it 4?) short-sleeve buttons downs I held back. Then of course the little devil on my shoulder (whispering about an extra 30% of the sale price) reminded me that I don't have a striped one. Plus, it fits much better than the shirts I used to steal from my Dad!

Shirt: J. Crew // Skirt: Zara {similar here and here}

Necklace: Vintage

Nail Polish: Essie 'Borrowed & Blue' // Bracelets: Oia Jules, J. Crew


Sandals: Vince Camuto // Toenail Polish: Essie 'Lilacism'

No comments:

Post a Comment

All About Oxblood

Dress : Petit Bateau {almost identical here } // Jacket : Rachel Zoe {try this , this  or this } // Necklace : Baublebar // Hat...