Friday, December 20, 2013

Shiny Objects

Some people have coat closets, I really need a sequin closet. No matter how many sequin items I have, I just can't get enough. Even in the summer when its a million degrees, if I see a vintage sequin dress? Done. Do I already have two? Ok maybe, but shiny things just make me so happy. Once you throw the holidays into the mix, when it is socially acceptable to stock up on sequins, I am a goner. 
Don't even get me started on sparkly jewelry {that addiction is equally as obvious anyway!}

This outfit was for the last of the work holiday events, a lunch, so I wanted to be festive but not over the top {hey, it IS still a work event after all.} I love a good cowl-neck but often find the color of this sweater {rust??} a bit meh, so it was the perfect foil to my sequin skirt. I may need a 12 step program for my addiction to these Stuart Weitzman boots too, has there even been a day I haven't worn them this week???

Sweater: J. Crew {similar here and here} // Skirt: J. Crew {similar} // Tights and thigh highs: H&M

Bracelet: J. Crew {try this or this}  // Nail Polish: Essie 'Midnight Cami'


{details}
...I also did not intend to be a walking J. Crew advertisement when I got dressed, but oh well!


Coat: H&M // Boots: Stuart Weitzman 5050

No comments:

Post a Comment

All About Oxblood

Dress : Petit Bateau {almost identical here } // Jacket : Rachel Zoe {try this , this  or this } // Necklace : Baublebar // Hat...