Friday, January 25, 2013

Everything Old is New Again

It goes without saying (though of course I am anyway) that I love new things. Whether its a new pair of boots or a new can opener, I get a little giddy every time. On the other hand, I'm a firm believer that  if you hold onto something long enough, it will come back around. I'm not talking Girl Scout uniforms, but a tuxedo jacket or alligator boots? YES! This may explain why my closet is the size of a small bedroom.

I won't even get started on how much I love vintage-- if you wanted to read an ode to 1940's satin gloves you probably wouldn't be here. Actually, I'll likely just save that for another week-- you've been warned.

So long story short, nothing I'm wearing is new but I've managed to mix it up enough that I don't feel like I'm haunted by ghosts of outfits past.


Ring: From Ambiance in San Francisco (similar) // Belt: Vintage (similar) // Bracelet: Vintage shop in Philly (similar here and here) // Earrings: Sorrelli (buy them here!)

Go buy these earrings  now. I wear them at least 2-3 times a week and they have just enough punch to kick up an outfit.


Boots: Faux Crocodile by BCBGirls (old but sort of similar here and here)

Dress: BB Dakota (old but this and this would work) // Long sleeve tee: Theory (old but similar here ) // Leggings: Lululemon Wunder Unders (buy them here) // Vest: This was a major score. Real rabbit fur for under $50 in Paris! Couldn't resist. (Almost identical here)

Wunder Unders are not only the most comfortable leggings in the world, but you can ACTUALLY work out in them (what they are made for), not just wear them as real clothes like I do. So really its a 2 for 1, aka a steal!



No comments:

Post a Comment

All About Oxblood

Dress : Petit Bateau {almost identical here } // Jacket : Rachel Zoe {try this , this  or this } // Necklace : Baublebar // Hat...